Friday, January 22, 2010

Jungle of despair...

I have been lost in the jungle of despair as I have hit the saggy middle and can not, despite all I do, to find my way out.
while awaiting response from HQN from my ms request, I have still been trying to finish my latest work to no avail.
We all dread this moment in our career and I would dare say that alot of us has experienced it and would feel for where I am at the moment.
It feels like months of bashing my head against a brick wall and only getting concussion for my efforts.
So after the last two months and some helpful words from a writing Friend, I have cut the jungle down to make a path and for a while I am going to put the damn thing aside.
so the exciting part is, I am back and i am stating a new dream, a new world within my imagination and I'm putting it to paper/computer.
I'm trying not to feel too despondent and pushing on.
What do you think?

Kez

3 comments:

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

I think it's a great idea. You can always come back to it later.

All the best Kez,
I'm sure this next one will be even better. Isn't that what they say. Each manuscript we write is better than the last. Here's hoping.

Suz :)

Sandie Hudson said...

Kez, I think you're doing the right thing. As Suz said you can always go back to it later.

Keep your chin up.

Sussan Marz said...

Onwards and upwards Kerrie. Maybe your simply distracted by the submission waiting game? If you've been pushing the manuscript for a while and nothing's happening, I say let it go. Otherwise, you are only reinforcing the behaviour and you might face the same problem with the next manuscript. Nothing worse than doing the thing you want to do and feeling despair about it.

Anyway, you can always come back to the manuscript.