Thursday, January 17, 2013

Emotionally Raw Reads- my reviews

Righto, I know I have been might slack on the review department, but I've read a bunch of freaking awesome books lately and went on an emotional rollercoaster with them. I'm actually scared because of such a good run that I might not find anything as food for a while.
Any hows, here are what I've read over the last month worth reviewing...

HOPELESS: Colleen Hoover (did we expect anyone else to be on this list. nup)

Dear God, I feel the pain in every breath.
Sure, this isn't the sweet read like Slammed and Point of Retreat, but peeps she did warn you and I have to say that she didn't disappoint me at all!
I love the characters in this and yeah, yeah we all know I'm a sucker for the tortured souls, but this was different and I loved it. I loved it, breathed it and broke down with it. Colleen touched base with some heavy issues and did an amazing job with it. I'm totally impressed.
There's a reason this author is a best seller and much love bi-otch of mine. I love her to itty bitty pieces.

Thank you, Colleen


MISS ME NOT: Tiffany King (I have a crush on Tiffany :) It's okay, she knows it!)

I've had a thing for boys named Dean since my first novel was published :)
This is the first book by Tiffany I have read and I have to say, the girl has a way to my heart and soul. It was fresh and heart breaking and yep, again I sobbed like an effin baby. (I'm a girl, I'm allowed to sob in books)
She's broken and for a change, he's not and Gawd I love his family and I love to hate her mother.
Look, it was an awesome read for the day and I can't wait to read more. Seriously, I should be writing, but I'm addicted.
Thanks Tiffany King


THE COINCIDENCE OF CALLIE & KAYDEN: Jessica Sorensen (a warning comes with this one)

I'm hooked on this author right now, but I will warn you with this one...(slight spoil) it's an open ending for book two. I turned the page and went WTF, YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS! Yet, and I mean this, I wouldn't not read it if given the opportunity. At first it wasn't a grab you right from the first page, though holy hell I fell for these characters and I fell for them hard. I felt  betrayed by the ending because of...well I was very cranky at Jessica and her ears would have been burning, but it was a clever marketing tool and not just that so don't get in my grill until you read further... my trilogy THE MOORE JUSTICE TRILOGY: it has open endings where you want to know what happens to this and that, but this book was massive in this type of tool. I think she would have a mass of fans out there, cause the girl can write, but I'm betting she got some nasty comments because we loved these characters.
PLEASE, PLEASE do NOT let this discourage you, it is awesome. Read it!


THE SECRET OF ELLA & MICHA: Jessica Sorensen. (told ya, I was hooked on her right now)

Amazeballs! I love Micha! I love this story! I love the realistic plot! I think I love it!
F.R.E.S.H and H.O.T. Did I mention I love Micha? Cause I do.
Look, this story has the lot, broken home, broken hearts and broken souls that need mending and the only way to mend is through their love. Sound corny? I don't care.
This is a must read.
Thanks Jess.


So thats it for me today, I am going to get some of this writing done before my readers message nasty letters.
Keep the good ones coming!
Happy reading and writing guys
kez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now I know what I should be reading!

Unknown said...

yes you do!
LOL